There are a variety of funding streams available for community groups and projects
Turbine Community Fund
The two Eastchurch Windfarm sites are operational and contribute to a Community Benefit Fund for projects located within the parish of Eastchurch. The two companies will commit into a Fund annually for 25 years for projects within Eastchurch Parish where the wind turbines are located. The grant fund will be managed by Grantscape
. Each year, grants will be given to projects that
- Innovate and are different, and get communities they are intended for excited and involved.
- Help develop more sustainable communities and enhance quality of life.
- Support local conservation and environmental initiatives
- Encourage renewable energy use, helping communitites save energy or generate energy for their use.
A Community Advisory Panel (CAP) has been set up to decide which applications will receive funding. The CAP, a group of local volunteers, will meet twice times a year to consider applications received.
If you wish to apply for a grant you will need to complete an online application form which can be accessed from the links above. If you have any questions about the grants please contact Andy Booth, Email email@example.com Tel: 07912 464213 or use the information finder on the Grantscape website
Big Local Eastern Sheppey
The Big Local Eastern Sheppey Partnership invites applications from local clubs, constituted groups, charities and social enterprises for grants to hold events, activities or purchase items of benefit to people in the Eastchurch, Leysdown & Warden Big Local area.
Applications will be assessed on their ability to contribute to achieving the overall outcomes of Big Local.
The four outcomes are:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence so that they can continue to identify and respond to local needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
The Community Chest Funding rounds open four times per year and applications will be considered by a panel of local people with the support of Swale Community and Voluntary Services (SCVS) and the Big Local representative.
Big Local Eastern Sheppey small grants can be used for:
- Expanding existing activities that enhance the quality of residents’ lives in the Eastern Sheppey Big Local area.
- New projects or activities that will increase residents’ skills and confidence or make the area better including one-off pilots to test new or innovative ideas
- Small capital items, e.g. equipment that will be available to and of use to residents’ on a continuing basis.
For more information or to apply, please contact Sandy Hammock, Community Chest Officer on 01795 880627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Solar Community Benefit Fund
This fund has now completed the three year cycle and has now ended