Photos

Village SignOur Village Sign depicts at its centre our church, a daughter chapel built 1432, east of the mother church at Minster, consecrated on All Saints Day.  From  this is derived our parish name of Eastchurch.  Also depicted is an early aeroplane of about 1909, this celebrates the early pioneers of aviation who built and experimented here.

 


Aerial view of Eastchurch village from the West.

Aerial view of Eastchurch Village from the west. 

Photo courtesy of Michael Loxton (Island Aviation).


Aerial view of the northern part of the Eastchurch Parish.

Aerial view of the northern part of the Eastchurch Parish (north), with the holiday accomodation visible upper left.

Photo courtesy of Michael Loxton (Island Aviation).


All Saints Church

All Saints Church.


All Saints Church window dedicated to C. S. Rolls

In All Saints Church this stain-glassed window dedicated to C. S. Rolls and Cecil Grace.  Pioneer aviators who died in accidents.

Photo courtesy of Rev Francis Searle


All Saints Lytchgate erected as a memorial to those who fell in WWI.

All Saints Lytchgate. Erected as a memorial to those who fell in WWI.


The Aeronautics Memorial erected to commemorate the events that took place here and at Leysdown.  Unveiled by Marshall of the Royal Air Force Lord Tedder, G.C.B. on 25 July 1955.  Viewed through one of our CCTV cameras.


Memorial

Memorial Rededication. A service of rededication was held on 24th July 2005 to celebrate th 50th anniversary of it's unveiling. 

For more information see the Sky Sheppey page.

An Annual Observance takes place at the Memorial on the first Friday in May each year. This is organised by Royal Navy and the Fleet Air Arm in conjunction with FAA Association, RNAS, SBC and is hosted by Eastchurch Parish Council.


Shurland Hall

Shurland Hall is a Tudor Manor house, largely dismantled during Oliver Cromwell's protectorship.  The gatehouse continued in use into the 20th century, in the 1950's it fell into disrepair and partial collapse.  English Heritage, having become aware of it's perilous state, placed it on the At Risk register and proceeded to take action to stabilise the fabric.  Following an English Heritage grant of £300,000 a major conservation project, led by The Spitalfields Trust, has commenced. Read more about this project on our Parish News page.

Photo courtesy of Sherry Wildish.


Nativity 2005

 The Nativity scene is depicted in the churchyard at the front of All Saints Church.